"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:QUOTE 
Terrorist are bad, but if you can make some money of them, it suddenly is not so bad any more. 
But, since the Carlyse Group is a private financial organization, you and I will never know how much money is made by them, or who they really are. As long as they don't break the law, I don't care how they make their money. You and I can have a poor opinion of the "war industry", but currently it is the "jihadists" and the politicians who make the war. The suppliers are there like vultures to profit on it.

But if the politicians have very clear links with these same priviate organisations that is called a conflict of interest or not?
I believe that if you want to be a congressman or even president you have to sell your share in companies or not, just to prevent this conflict.

I mean take the case of Italy (clear example) most of the things Berlusconi does are not against the law. But the fact that he owns most of the Italian media, and changes laws and makes decissions based on his own personal interest is something that should not be allowed. (I know that most politicians don't even try to block him when he found a new scam)

That Bush, or Cheney or whoever, don't own any companies now anymore does of course not mean that they don't profit from it anymore.

So if you would not even look at the facty if they make decission for their own personal benefit on purpose or not, there should in the first place not be a single reason to think the might.

So or you want to be a politician, or you want to be a business man but not both at the same time. (I know that most politicans are going wrong here, not just Bush)

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by eppie - 08-10-2004, 01:42 PM