"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Jordan to charge 17 over failed attack
I think it is pretty well known that this did occur. If you don't trust CNN, fine. But even Al Jazeera ran this story. The truth stands up to the lens of scrutiny and time, lies eventually unravel when examined.

My understanding of the contents of the chemicals were that they were precursors of nerve agents, blistering agents, and sulferic acid. Jordan siezed 20 tons of chemicals from that one attempted attack. How much more is cached by these folks in Syria, or still in Iraq under their control somewhere?

Quote:It is just like the terrorist threats that every now and then pop up. If a new bill has to pass in congress, all of a sudden we have code orange. Of course you have the support of the democrats if it seems that the US is almost under attack again, if they wouldn't support Bush they would lose most of their voters.
I mean it is getting really ridiculous lately. The code orange was because they found in the computer of an Al qiada member plans to attack banks in New York......nobody mentioned that these were plans from before 9/11. I mean you are misleading your own people if you ask me.
I'm not sure they knew whether the plots were active or not. The orange alert was raised until they can be certain that there is not plot in play anymore. I equate it to a bomb threat. You don't just shrug it off, because if you do nothing and the bomb detonates you are responsible for doing nothing to prevent it. So, you search the building with experts and bomb sniffing dogs until you have done what is reasonable to insure that the place is safe.

Sorry about your minister being an idiot. :) We have some here too.

Quote:So if these weapons were transported to syria, why didn't they just show the satalite evidence (they love satalite evidence because you can see everything on that) and tracked down the stuff?.
There are hundreds of trucks that pass through that desert daily bringing supplies from Jordan and Syria, finding the right ones would have meant they had advanced knowledge of what to look for. They were probably in 55 gallon oil drums, which are trucked from Iraq by smugglers all the time.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 08-05-2004, 03:39 PM