"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:Let me repeat this Iraq was under control, weapons were destroyed (no, I'm not naive enough to believe that there are not plenty of weapons left) and Inspectors made at least some sort of progress.
That is our point of disagreement. As of a few months ago the ISG had only investigated 10% of the known facilities and storage locations.
Quote:why there are so many more Gun-Killings in the US then anywhere else in the world
BTW, the US is not the leader in per capita murder. That is not to say it is not a problem. My perspective for what it is worth; I live near a pretty large metropolitan area. The 60 or so murders that occur in this area each year are mostly confined to a 1 mile square area, which is the poorest, most crime ridden place in the city. 1 in 6 houses there is a crack house, and the other residents are afraid to leave their homes. Murders occur for two reasons. 1] protecting of drug turf, or during a drug transaction, or 2] because someone is insane with drugs, alcohol or both and kills someone in their family (usually a spouse of girlfriend). Generally speaking, every large metropolitan area has the same problem. What is different about America is our drug culture, and that our drug users are twice as likely as Europeans to be using cocaine, crack, amphetamines, or methamphetamines.
Quote:It is this female militia member stating that one calls the police because they have guns and something of cutting off the middleman and taking care of it (intruders) oneself. Is it just me being ignorant or isn't it the police's role to protect the innocent AND uphold the law? After all the above statement sounds an awefull lot like a propaganda slogan for self-justice to me.
I've been to Germany a few times and it seems like a very well ordered place that reminded me of my state or Wisconsin. I have not been to the worst places in Frankfurt though. I have been involved in a number of incidents in my life where death or violence against me and those with me was a possibility. In every case, I was able to use psychology to convince the perpetrator to back down. Had I been armed (in one case I was), I still would have tried the verbal approach first. When you are face to face with a homicidal maniac or when armed thugs kick down your door in the middle of the night, you need to have a plan for how you are going to save your life and the lives of your family. Odds are it won't happen to you, and hopefully not me anymore. My experience with the police was that they showed up later (sometimes hours later) to arrest the perpetrator of the crime, or take a statement and start an investigation. Most people cannot and do not trust that the police will shield them from violence in America.
Quote:Come on, that President was not elected by the majority of the people but empowered by a court's decision to stop the recount in Florida, he did nothing (!) on the Security Briefing that stated that Osama Bin Laden was planning to Attack America by hijacking Airplanes (August 6, 2001), he evacuated all Bin Laden's Family from the US after the 9/11 Attacks, he disrespected human rights and the Geneva Convention by mistreting prisoners in Gitmo, he misled the US population by presenting speculations as facts, he send Soldiers into war without having a solid plan for the time after, etc.
I see you are fodder for Moore's propaganda. I urge you and your fellow Europeans to read the 9/11 Commission Report to get the facts rather than rely on Moore's distortions. I can rebut each of your statements, but that would devolve into 7 different arguments.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 08-04-2004, 02:40 PM