"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
kandrathe,Aug 2 2004, 10:49 AM Wrote::blink:

Man, no matter whose lips are flapping on either side, there is a 90%(or more) chance that something is either misrepresented or distorted.  I would trade in those rose tinted lenses for a more skeptical pair.

So now that you've seen the movie that reinforces the opinion you already had, try to address its criticism.
Google: Farenheit + Lies

I'm not sure who I'm voting for, but it's not going to be a Yale man.
Thanks for the link Kandrathe. I read more or less one third of it, but I would like to respond already now. (i will read the next part though).

The part I read is classified under the number "things that don't matter to me" (I told you I considered myself inteligent enough, to look through Moore style of moviemaking).
I am reading almost half an A4 paper about the claim that "no president saw this kind of protest on his inauguration". There were no eggs thrown at his limo but just one egg. "Oh my, I based my entire opinion on Bush upon the amount of eggs that were thrown to his limo" :P

I mean this kind of critics to the movie just don't do it for me. The part about the voting was not much better. To be sure about what happened just do a complete recount. The way it worked out now made Florida look like a Banana republic, and has damaged the image of the USA in the world I think. If they just would solve the situation in a westernworld kind of way, there would not have been al these troubles. (p.s. the Nixon comparison is also a bit painful I would say)

So like I said in my first reaction in this thread, I would like to know of this man (Bush) can be trusted. I mean I know he went to Iraq for wrong reasons, I don't need Michael Moore for telling me that. I know that I have never seen Bush utter a complete sentence about politics in a correct way, I don't need Moore to tell me that. (I agree that it can be a problem of dyslexia, so I don't use this as a point in my arguments, I just wanted to explain you what we know about this man, form daily news, (mind you I also live in a pro-Bush government country))
I am interested in the opinions of US citizens, like a lot of you here on the lounge. For my work I meet once in a while americans (ussualy scientists) and when you talk to them you notice that the media, covers completely different things about US-politics than the things we hear and see in europe. They are ussualy very surprized when talking to europeans about politics. So I would like to find out what this problem of our misunderstanding is, I hope somebody can shed more light on this matter.

eppie

p.s. now I will read what this kopel has to say about the saudi connection

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by eppie - 08-02-2004, 11:30 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM