What's the next version to be released? 1.11?
Smoketest,Jul 12 2004, 02:50 AM Wrote:-Clean up line-of-sight for casting Chain Lightning and Lightning, it's horrible. I can be in a clear hallway and not be able to hit something I can see, thanks to the pillars/walls/etc getting in the way mysteriously. In D1 I could run a line of lightning along a wall. In D2 I have to be near the middle of the hallway or it won't fly.
This is a big problem with just about every class and it annoys me to no end. Line of sight and clipping detection is so messed up on both ends.

Necromancer = Bone spear. Half the time I will be clicking directly on a mob and the spear will still zing past them doing no damage. I am forced to reposition myself lower on the screen from the mob for my spear to hit it. this seems to happen a lot on skeletal mages/archers where it is obvious they are not moving. Mostly a problem in Act 2 palace cellar where you travel mostly from top left to lower left/right.

Paladin = Same problem as with Necromancer. Holy Bolt. This isn't noticed as much because hardly anyone uses Holy Bolt but a magority of the time you can be clicking on a party member and the bolt will either completely miss or be deflected randomly by other objects in the area (walls, chests, etc.)

Barbarian = Whirl Wind. This one is really annoying. 90% of the time if you start a whirl wind in the vicinity of a wall or chest the path finding/clipping of the WW will be obscured by the object stopping the WW. This is great cause your character will sit there stuttering while you pound the WW to start cursing like hell. Then you have to break out your secondary attack to clear a path away from the offending objects so you can start WWing again.

Messages In This Thread
What's the next version to be released? 1.11? - by Chesspiece_face - 07-12-2004, 02:49 AM