anti "block lock" change in v1.10
Since the v1.10 patch came out I've been curious about the following statement in the readme.txt:
Quote:Block lock' has been eliminated. When a player character has just blocked an attack, the player cannot block again for a short period of time, the length of which increases as Blocking speed increases.
I can think of at least three distinct implementations for which this somewhat fuzzy description might have been penned. This distresses me, as I'd like to actually know how it works (and whether it is the same for Assassin dual claw skill "blocking").

Has anyone probed this issue carefully? Specifically I would want to know how to calculate the no-lock time period and whether, during that time, one simply blocks without the animation/interruption or one simply doesn't block (and do you get 100% here either way or is the random chance of your block% thrown again)?

If they actually made a change here, did they do something about dodge/evade/avoid lock in a similar vein?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
anti "block lock" change in v1.10 - by Crystalion - 07-07-2004, 10:57 AM
anti "block lock" change in v1.10 - by Brista - 07-12-2004, 11:59 AM
anti "block lock" change in v1.10 - by Yogi_Baar - 07-13-2004, 07:00 AM
anti "block lock" change in v1.10 - by Caaroid - 07-14-2004, 07:31 AM