A Resuable "Throw-Away" Digital Camera?
The price dropping on cameras is hilarious from my point of view. I sell cameras to people all the time who come in looking for a 4+ megapixel camera. When I ask them what they're going to do with it, they say "take pictures of the kids, maybe print out a few small pictures or email them to friends." Most of them don't believe that the only thing they're getting over a 2 or 3 megapixel camera is a price increase.

It's nearly as funny as the customers who argue with us when we tell them there's no bell mobility coverage in thunder bay.

You can buy a digital camera for under $50 nowadays, and get decent* pictures. However, a word of advice for anyone who's been looking at digital cameras and doesn't know much about them -- it's not just about the megapixels. Look at what else you get for the deal (and I don't mean what the salesperson is going to 'throw in' on the deal). I bought a 2 megapixel cannon last year because it was a tiny little camera with an included lithium rechargable battery -- for my needs, more megapixel or zoom would be wasteful. However, I have always been happy with my battery :). Oh, and the camera's pretty slick, too. :P

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
A Resuable "Throw-Away" Digital Camera? - by gekko - 06-14-2004, 03:16 AM
A Resuable "Throw-Away" Digital Camera? - by Bob - 06-15-2004, 08:57 PM