Newbie questions
Oh, i've had Jarulf's wonderful guide lying on my hard disk for quite some time now. Its inquiries into the nature of the monster AI's have been a great boon in my playing. Also I owe it my mastery of the Firewall spell which has earned me at least one dot (I've actually firewalked Diablo to death once).

What I wanted was some advice in what to go for when going up against King Leoric early. When still confined to the early Church levels you are severely hampered in the equipment apartment. Especially with regards to Armor Class. When using the two-handed axes this gets even worse. I would suppose going for %to hit and Dexterity is the thing to do as your Holy Bolt is still a bit too flimsy.

And regarding the "Turtle Mage" the guide prescribes the use of a shield and the famous Dreamflange. Besides not wanting to "MF" for a Dreamflange I dearly want the warrior with staff "look".

Edit: Oh yeah, and how serious an issue is King Leoric's Life Leech?

More Editage: To Bob: I am playing a pure axe-wielder, so the blunt thing is a bit reduntant. I would, however, consider to go for dexterity first and using a Large Axe instead of pushing for the 50 Strength the Broad Axe requires.

Messages In This Thread
Newbie questions - by Little Faith - 06-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Newbie questions - by dotPlaid - 06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Newbie questions - by Bob - 06-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Newbie questions - by Little Faith - 06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Newbie questions - by Moldran - 06-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Newbie questions - by aaa - 06-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Newbie questions - by Urza-DSF - 06-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Newbie questions - by JimBrownTx - 06-09-2004, 10:20 AM