"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Hi Cougar,

if the war was (is) necessary or not is arguable. That it had been justified by the danger of Saddams wmds is not.

Quote:People who oppose dealing with a grotesquely brutal dictator hated by all and who consistently
caused or encouraged unrest in the Middle East simply cannot be reasoned with.

It's not that the world hadn't seen that what Saddam did wasn't altogether creating a paradisic state. But neither are many other states on this planet, including China and, yes, the U.S.

Quote:the good guys

Whom do you mean? Surely the U.S. Let me throw just a few words to you: Immunity for War Crimes at Den Haag. Guantanamo Bay. You're seeing this way to 'black and white' here, nobody's utterly good anymore nowadays.

Quote:desire to acuse the Bush administration of scandal and incompetence

Righto, the desire is there. But even without it, a mere factual report would suffice to prove that.

Quote:How I tire of hearing this

Tired already? I think you're going to here more sooner or later. The Bush administration and their world-police-masquerade to enlarge their influence in the Middle East for whatever reasons won't stop with their masterplan right now. Example? Even after the democratic president is elected in Iraq, U.S. troops won't withdraw from Iraq terra. No sir.

Quote:America's enemies in the modern era

Maybe it would be good to one-time define who are the enemies of America, instead of steadily expanding this terminology on every state that makes a wrong move.

Quote:people whining about discomforture and psychological torture need to shut their holes

You, like George W. Bush, seem to have never heard of what is commonly known as the 'Human Rights'.
Let me just quote dubya here for a good laugh:

Quote:'I respect people. I respect their religion. I respect human rights. I respect human dignity. And that's the kind of society I know will grow up in Iraq.'

- Dubya (George W. Bush) coming across as Iraq's daddy, Washington, D.C., May 20, 2004

I fail to understand why this man still seems to hold the support of half of the U.S. citizens. What has he really done right, after all? This, together with some other issues, contributes to the widespread distrust that the U.S. politics are viewed with nowadays all over the world.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Fragbait - 06-03-2004, 06:22 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM