"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:In addition to starting a totally unneccessary war...

*sigh* How I tire of hearing this. People who oppose dealing with a grotesquely brutal dictator hated by all and who consistently caused or encouraged unrest in the Middle East simply cannot be reasoned with. Too often, they abandon reason for a blinding desire to acuse the Bush administration of scandal and incompetence. While such single-mindedness may not be the case in this situation, I must say I am entering this discussion without high hopes.

Quote:Rumsfeld then authorized all sorts of thoroughly questionable appointments and orders designed to obtain information to combat "terrorism".

If unconventional methods aren't going to be used to extract information, information will not be gained by the good guys. More innocent Americans will die simply so that maniacal extremists receive the same rights as a petty shoplifter.

America's enemies in the modern era do not follow the same rules we do. Certainly, the abuse at Abu Graib was disgusting, and those Reservists had no business getting their punk-asses involved in the U.S. military. However, people whining about discomforture and psychological torture need to shut their holes.

Quote:Now, we know that Rumsfeld had reports from both internal allegations and the Red Cross six months prior to this scandal breaking into the mainstream.

Sure did. He also had investigations ongoing for six months before the story was released.

Released, not broken into the mainstream. The military let the media in on the abuses, it was not the media that uncovered some vile cover-up.

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Cougar - 06-03-2004, 01:33 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM