"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
The problem is that what Moore makes are "Mockumentaries", like "This Is Spinal Tap". So his twisting the truth, is not really lying, just creative license to get some knowing nods, or guffaws from the audience. It is liberal humor, but many mistake it for a serious documentary.

Moore winning the Palme D'Or for best documentary is unfortunate and unfair for those who make real documentaries. His films should be competing in the satire/comedy area.

Quote:Meaning??? Guns are good and Moore is a liar??
I think guns are an inanimate tool used for killing or intimidation. Sometimes bad people use these tools for evil purposes. You can be the judge as to whether Moore is a liar. I think he makes liberal focused films to satisfy some political grudge he has, and to make lots and lots of money. He is no more lying, than "Airplane" the movie, is lying about the nature of airports or flying on a plane. What is wrong is that people are confused into believing the contents of his movies reflect reality.
Quote:Come on... you know the laws in the US. If Moore was telling lies in his movies, or shows things that hurt people in an unjust way, he would allready be serving a life sentence.
I think the only film maker who might have jail time coming is Roman Polanski, if he ever sets foot in the US again. No life sentences pending as far as I can tell.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 05-26-2004, 08:02 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM