Trying something new
Blue Eagle,May 10 2004, 09:01 PM Wrote:Why the heck would someone want to put that much time and effort into a character that can be gone in an instant? :huh:
Because I can say I beat the game on 'one quarter', and you can't. :P

HC is lots of fun, Gimlisam - really, because of it, D2 is one of the few games that can actually make your heart jump... the sensation of almost getting killed after putting "that much time and effort into a character" can be pretty intense... comparable perhaps to the way you feel after nearly having a car accident, or hitting that first drop on a roller coaster.
Dying's always a drag though - doubly so if you lose your character to some foul means, such as being pk'ed or losing your connection in the middle of a fight.

"No risk, no fun", as Assur asserted. :)

I second that necro-ing it on your first try is a decent way to start - safety in numbers, and equipment is no prob.

Some other rules of opposable extremity -

- pump all available points into vitality
- max your resists
- learn which combos are one hit kills (dolls + cursed, for example) and find strategies to deal with them effectively.
- forget public games, if you can help it. I suggest becoming a proud member of The Basin if you aren't already.

Hope you find this helpful.

Intrinsically,

Swarmalicious
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap

Messages In This Thread
Trying something new - by gimlisam - 05-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Trying something new - by Blue Eagle - 05-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Trying something new - by Assur - 05-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Trying something new - by Swarmalicious - 05-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Trying something new - by Wyrm - 05-11-2004, 04:37 AM