What does this mean? (Realm ladder...)
Quote:i'm having a hard time playing my level 47 enchantress solo in NM with my enchantress, I've got level 5 Fire Mastery, maxed Warmth, level 5 Energy Shield, level 5 Meteor, and level 5 Enchant... and I'm using "Leaf" staff with +3 to Fire Skills and +3 to Warmth...

You don't have nearly enough damage and are too spread out. In 1.10 you can't afford to waste skill points. You need to focus on the goal of your character. I think with only 5 enchant you qualify more as a meteor sorc than an enchantress. But semantics aside first decide what kind of sorc you want. It looks like you want to melee so lets go with that.

1. If you want to do melee then you need a shield. A two handed weapon won't make you hit much harder and without a block you will start getting shredded about the catacombs (or earlier) in nightmare. A good poor man's shield is Rhyme (shael eth). To get the most out of block you need to invest in dex. 75% block costs too much but 30-40% isnt unrealistic.

2. With melee a merc is a must. In my opinion the only choice for any melee character (except a holy freeze paladin) is the nightmare A2 holy freeze merc. You aren't there yet but just make a game called "Andy" and chumps like me who want your quest drop will join and do it for you.

3. You are relying on your enchant to do damage so your weapon damage isnt really relevant, anything fast will do. Good choices are culwen's point, and hexfire for the extra skills.

4. The 8 points you wasted on meteor make the character unredeemable and you should start over. You will spend less time getting back to where you were then you would advancing a single level in your late 70s without those 8 skill points.

5. For an enchantress of any flavor first max enchant, then fire mastery, then warmth.

6. Instead of investing points in energy shield invest them in telekinesis, this will make your mana ball last longer.

7. Keep the leaf on your switch, use it when you cast enchant, then switch to your main weap/shield.

8. Read this guide: Enchantress Guide

Good luck, I loved my enchantress until she was struck down in the prime of her life by a pkiller nasty....
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.

Messages In This Thread
What does this mean? (Realm ladder...) - by ogot - 04-20-2004, 03:33 AM
What does this mean? (Realm ladder...) - by ogot - 04-20-2004, 01:17 PM
What does this mean? (Realm ladder...) - by lfd - 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
What does this mean? (Realm ladder...) - by ogot - 04-20-2004, 10:51 PM
What does this mean? (Realm ladder...) - by ogot - 04-20-2004, 11:33 PM
What does this mean? (Realm ladder...) - by arrunique - 04-20-2004, 11:55 PM
What does this mean? (Realm ladder...) - by ogot - 04-21-2004, 12:26 AM