Max: Shadow Warrior or Master?
Quote:she may be "smarter" now.
One thing I noticed with my blade fury assassin is that the master was awsome with death sentry, as soon as a corpse dropped there was a sentry on top of it. Also the master sometimes annoyingly smart compared to a valk, she will retreat from big packs and throw traps and mind blast which would sometimes lead angry venom lords to me or my fragile merc.

A level 20+ master is a brute and hardly ever needs recasting, even against bosses. I agree with the last poster about burst of speed....overall against monsters fade is much more useful. One trick is to shop at Anya until you find +3 shadow claws, I think you can buy at level 37. Keep them on your switch for when you cast your master, your fade and your venom.

Make sure you wear a circlet because your master at high enough level wears the same helmet and armor you do but a rare version.A rare circlet can give her some really groovy mods (IAS, skills, run, elemental damage, etc)

Death sentry doesn't get more damage maxed, just has a wider range. Most of the time the monsters and corpses will be clustered around you or your master so the extra range doesn't really help. The sentry is smart and wont pop corpses unless someone is in range (annoying for resurectors). If you feel like being slick you can find a death sentry claw to keep on your switch so you dont even have to spend the 5 skill points in it.

I can't emphasize the 1 point wonder cloak of shadows enough. You should be continually casting it. The casting timer stops mattering in late nightmare and hell because it takes you longer to clear the screen. It neuters all ranged attackers except ob nights and their ranged attack is less scary than their iron maiden.

Good luck!
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.

Messages In This Thread
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by ogot - 04-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by Chameleon - 04-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by arrunique - 04-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by Obi2Kenobi - 04-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by ogot - 04-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by ShadowHM - 04-13-2004, 03:13 AM
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by arrunique - 04-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Max: Shadow Warrior or Master? - by Obi2Kenobi - 04-13-2004, 10:14 PM