Any interest in a NHL playoff thread?
SkyDarkwind,Apr 8 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:Dallas vs. Colorado - Dallas in 6

Colorado lacks the chemistry to really get anything done, especially since they're going against a hot Dallas team that has found their game again. 
I'd have to admit that even as an Avalanche fan, I would have agreed with you here. Colorado looked pathetic towards the end of the season (worst record among playoff teams since the break), and they just didn't seem to have the toughness or the defensive focus to win in the playoffs.

But, I've watched the first two games, and they seem to have some pieces that could help them compete better. Marek Svatos is just incredible to watch--he has great confidence for such a young (and small) player, and he's made a difference every time he's stepped on the ice.

With the exception of Kariya, the team is healthy now, with Nikolishin back also. I also like some of the toughness I see from their recent pickups, such as Barnaby.

Game 2 vs. Dallas was a total domination of a very good defensive Dallas team. Lot's of odd-man rushes and speed (not to mention some luck getting the puck past Turco). Things will be different in Dallas though, and we'll see if the Avalanche have the mental toughness they need. They believe they are a better playoff team than a regular season team--they have to prove it in Dallas against the Stars who don't lose at home.

As far as the other series, I have to say Vancouver is looking much better than people thought they would be without Bertuzzi.

Messages In This Thread
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by DeeBye - 04-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by mjdoom - 04-05-2004, 04:39 AM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by DeeBye - 04-05-2004, 04:56 AM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by mjdoom - 04-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by gekko - 04-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by Mirajj - 04-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by DeeBye - 04-11-2004, 04:09 AM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by vor_lord - 04-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by Yrrek - 04-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by TPJ - 04-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Any interest in a NHL playoff thread? - by Yrrek - 04-16-2004, 02:16 AM