Does Item Level matter for Crafts?
EDIT - Please disregard this post. I realized that I was confused and misread ilvl as clvl. I'll go ahead and leave my original post here to you can all laugh at my sleepy disillusioned silliness :P .

I decided to try my hand at crafting and was gravely disappointed with some misinformation I heard. I entered a NORMAL game with my level 75 druid and started crafting. First I made a crafted CASTER ring (magic ring item level 1 + Amn + amethyst + jewel). The ring ended up with the three pre-determined modifiers and only ONE new modifier. Hummm... I thought to myself. I made two more, one with TWO new modifiers, and another with TWO; both with magical rings item level 1.

Now I am greatly confused because if you read here:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cra...fteditems.shtml

It says:

Quote:Crafted Items have 3-4 Fixed Properties
Each Crafted Item has one or more fixed properties. For example, there are some Crafted Items guaranteed to have from 5-10% Chance of Crushing Blow. Often the Fixed Properties are not available normally on Magic or Rare Items. It's also nice to be able to create an item knowing which fixed magical bonuses are going to always appear which is not the case with Magic or Rare Items.

Crafted Items have 1-4 Random Magical Prefixes/Suffixes
On top of those fixed properties, a Crafted Item can have from 1-4 standard Rare and Magic Prefix and Suffixes. These are generated pretty much the same way as a Rare item.

At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.

So where in the world are the rest of my modifiers?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Does Item Level matter for Crafts? - by Taem - 02-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Does Item Level matter for Crafts? - by Vash - 02-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Does Item Level matter for Crafts? - by adeyke - 02-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Does Item Level matter for Crafts? - by Taem - 02-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Does Item Level matter for Crafts? - by adeyke - 02-14-2004, 06:21 PM