Rabies & Fire Claws
Caaroid,Jan 18 2004, 05:11 AM Wrote:Don't know if it is related or not, but melee assassins have the same problem with nearly all of their attacks. Beats me why.
With claws all being range 1 (out of 5) it wouldn't surprise me if a monster has to move barely at all to be out of range and thus *whiffed*.

Some recent LL or AB thread had Ferengi making this point about using range 5 weapons often being better than having a shield with a range 3 or lower weapon.

You can see range in action (or, rather, *inaction*) when you're clicking on a fallen or something that is running away from you... you kinda catch up to it, and begin swinging, but it keeps moving away and you whiff. In this kind of case even a long range weapon can whiff, if you let the game decide *when* to stop chasing and start swinging.

Also client/server never seem to quite agree. I find that holding down the right mouse button, when assigned to "normal attack" causes a lot of attacks to connect for lowbies that would otherwise be whiffing or not attempted (left mouse).

On the plus side, I can easily get client/server disagreement to do "keep alive" for me, to burn in mules. On the whole, however, I could do without this schizoid implementation split. Hard problem to solve with limited resource constraints.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Rabies & Fire Claws - by electricblue - 01-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Rabies & Fire Claws - by Obi2Kenobi - 01-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Rabies & Fire Claws - by electricblue - 01-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Rabies & Fire Claws - by Caaroid - 01-18-2004, 05:20 AM
Rabies & Fire Claws - by Crystalion - 01-18-2004, 05:29 AM
Rabies & Fire Claws - by Caaroid - 01-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Rabies & Fire Claws - by electricblue - 01-18-2004, 10:13 AM