I Have a Guide~How do I show it to others?
-COULDN'T FIT IN EVERYTHING: PT II-

Experience

Under Level 25

If there is only a difference of 5 levels between the monster and yourself, you receive 100% of that monster's experience points. If the level difference is large (10 levels or more), you will only receive 5% of experience points for that monster. If the monster is between 6-10 levels above or below you, you will receive a percentage of experience based on the difference in levels between you and the monster:

Table #14: Level Difference (Clvl 1-25)
=<5- 6 7 8 9 10 =>11
100% 84% 68% 52% 36% 20% 5%

What it boils down too: You get the most experience killing monsters five levels above yours from levels 1-24.

Between Levels 25-99

For any monster above your level, you get EXP*(Player Level / Monster Level). For monsters between 6-10 levels below you, you receive between 100% and 5% experience. If the monster is more than 10 levels below your level, you receive 5% of the monster's experience points.

Table #15: Level Difference (Clvl 25-99)
=<5- 6 7 8 9 10 =>11
100%* 84% 68% 52% 36% 20% 5%
* EXP*(Player Level / Monster Level)

What it boils down too: You get the most experience killing monste above your level; the higher the monster level the more experience you receive.

Above Level 70

After experience is calculated, a diminishing returns formula is applied directly to your experience. I did not feel it necessary to include this information in my paladin guide but if you’re interested in specifics about the diminished experience, this information can be found on the Arreat Summit.

Party Experience

An important part of playing a paladin is the power of your auras. If you play multiplayer, your auras have a direct effect on the game play experience for everyone, and that experience is always good!

For every new player in the game, the monsters experience doubles, meaning if in an eight-player game, you get 8x the experience. In single player, players ‘x’ can amount to a heck of a lot of experience earned for a single character.

When in a party, the total experience earned for killing a monster is increased by 35% when a party member of the killer is within 2 screens of the monster death. The total experience is then divided evenly among all party members; each member’s share of the experience is equal to the member’s level divided by the sum of all members’ levels, thus the highest leveled character gets most of the experience.

The benefit to joining a larger party is that in a group, you can all kill quickly, probably 3-4x faster than you could solo if not faster. This means faster experience. The benefit for soloing in eight-player games is greater amounts of experience for you, if you can kill fast enough.

To sum it up, try joining parties that are the same level as you are unless you think you can kill the monsters in the area without trouble, then go ahead and solo for the best experience.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
I Have a Guide~How do I show it to others? - by Taem - 12-17-2003, 09:00 AM