I am so happy!
Little Faith,Dec 8 2003, 05:08 PM Wrote:I just found my very first bugged item during entirely legit play with my ladder pure bonemancer.

It is a non-magical yew wand with following wonderful mod:

+1 to Poison Dagger (necromancer only)
however bug cancels bug!...

If they didn't fix the bug I reported reguarding +skills then you *can* use this wand usefully:

try having +1 or more to necro skills available (perhaps poison/bone tree works) but no inherent knowledge of the poison dagger.

equip the wand.

alternate to a weapon switch with a dagger and a necro head with a skill you also don't know and select that skill on right mouse. remove the head while (at least temporarily) being at +0 skills.

weapon switch back to wand.

have +skills (general or tree).

select poison dagger on your right mouse action

weapon switch to the dagger.

now, this is all from memory (feel free to test around) in beta, and you're welcome to look at my maggot lair post instead of this iirc post, but at this point I'd expect that your right mouse action would appear to be normal attack (on the lying character screen) but the server will think you have poison dagger (with a dagger, as required).

Assuming they didn't "fix" the "bug".

Also, there is probably an easier way to trigger the situation, but I'm working from memory and not in a mode to test atm.

In short, bug trumps bug. The item is quite possibly ironic, but not "useless" (for some bizarre definition of useless that is :D )
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
I am so happy! - by Little Faith - 12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
I am so happy! - by Rhydderch Hael - 12-08-2003, 05:30 PM
I am so happy! - by Ruvanal - 12-08-2003, 09:12 PM
I am so happy! - by Obi2Kenobi - 12-08-2003, 11:19 PM
I am so happy! - by adeyke - 12-08-2003, 11:33 PM
I am so happy! - by Crystalion - 12-09-2003, 01:56 AM