Knights of the Old Republic Appreciation Thread.
I totally agree that this game rocks. Unfortunately, the German (console) version suffers from UNBELIEVEABLE translation errors and while the German voice acting is quite good, hearing ridiculous translations can seriously degrade a gaming eyperience for me. An example for fellow native speakers of German:

Darth Malak:"Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy!" (Dark Side Cool Stuff™, from the intro)

translated to:

"Mach diesen Planeten frei von der Galaxis!"
{free this planet from the galaxy}

:blink: :( :angry:

that's just sad...

The only other thing to complain about is that as soon as you got two Jedi beside you, you almost don't need any other characters anymore. Jedi rule, others don't, it's as simple as that (IMHO, of course). I don't think it counts as a spoiler to warn Warlocke of the levelcap of 20, which sucks (ack, got a second thing to complain about), I hit it long before the end (doing everything there was to do, much as everyone else will play this game, methinks).

On the bright side -> hitting "Y" on the xbox gamepad makes your character show of his melee weapon proficiency (if you got one equipped, d'uh) and the Lightsabre sound kicks rear! Just hit “y“ repeatedly and you got yourself some very angry hornets in a wine bottle :)

Greetings
Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.

Messages In This Thread
Knights of the Old Republic Appreciation Thread. - by NuurAbSaal - 12-07-2003, 01:49 AM