Hell Mephisto: Question about his drops
This has been bugging me for some time, as I've been doing numerous runs on him (Keshdono Barbarian on UsWest HC Ladder in case you're wondering who) and I'm really wondering what his potential drops are now. I noticed a Horadric Mummy drop a Colossus Blade in the sewers of Kurast and that logically leads me to believe that Hell Mephisto should be able to drop up to TC 87 at least. Is this true? Or are there monster types that can drop a higher Treasure Class than the boss himself in the same act?

Just another note to anyone interested in doing the run, I've figured out a better method than the ol' clockwise rule, something that is true 100% if you'd like me to post it I'll go ahead since it helps better than just hugging the left wall all day in these bigger Durance Halls. It's kinda lengthy but I'm sure the experienced players already know this, just a bit hard to explain since it concerns the design of the map spawned with specific set pairs of waypoint room vs Durance of Hate stairs room. Same thing goes with Worldstone Stone Level 2.

As for his drops, within 50 runs, I've scored a Doombringer, and a Demon's Arch and some minor uniques of 1.09. I'd say the returns are fairly good, either that or I was just very very lucky. The run though is very dangerous, nearly carked it at least 4 times, using my teleport ammy to take quick shortcuts and avoiding dangerous boss packs. Stygians it seems have been beefed up from before and do about 400 damage to me per explosion (this is with maxed resists and 10% damage reduction). Mephisto's physical attack has been downgraded I'd say, he was mighted and only doing about the damage he used to do in 1.09 (without any physical augmentation aura). And without the help of Might aura he was quite weak. His Charged Bolt attack it seems is the most deadly taking off 10% of my life (I have 2.7k life) around (this is just a guess the percentage that is).

Messages In This Thread
Hell Mephisto: Question about his drops - by Myge - 11-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Hell Mephisto: Question about his drops - by airblade2000 - 11-09-2003, 02:57 AM
Hell Mephisto: Question about his drops - by Myge - 11-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Hell Mephisto: Question about his drops - by Myge - 11-09-2003, 11:41 PM
Hell Mephisto: Question about his drops - by Myge - 11-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Hell Mephisto: Question about his drops - by Nanasi - 02-03-2004, 08:11 PM