Omniology
Quote:hey, I was told this by the pastor of my church who majored in geology before switching to pastor.

Not to put too fine a point on it, he's deluding himself, and misleading you. I suspect he didn't stick with geology because it's impossible to progress to advanced levels in a field where you don't believe the basic premises. You'd know better than I, of course.

Quote:While I have NO proof other than what I've heard or read, it seemed VERY CONVINCING.

Yep. As long as you don't look at other information sources, anything can be convincing. YECs tend to misrepresent and make up facts to support their positions.

Quote:If it is indeed a falsehood that the churches are spreading, then they should be sued for misrepresentation, and vice versa on the Darwinists.

Sorry, but the Constitution allows all of us to believe what we want, and say what we want, as long as it's not slanderous. On balance, that's a good thing. The YECs can put forth silliness and threaten Hellfire to sell their junk, and the Darwinists can rebut with reason and scientific evidence. At least the Darwinists have to submit to peer review; there's no such restraint on YECs.

It hardly seems fair, no? ;)

I suggest you stroll over to TalkOrigins and set down for a good read. I think you'll find that the "convincing" material you were handed isn't quite so convincing after all. You could even mosey onto Usenet at post questions at talk.origins if you need more information. For that matter, we could start an uberthread right here. :blink: I suspect there are enough opinions to go around ...

Edit: Ben Sargent's apparently sharing mental bandwidth with me: Ben Sargent - Textbooks
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla

Messages In This Thread
Omniology - by SteinHerz - 11-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Omniology - by Taem - 11-04-2003, 06:24 PM
Omniology - by Bun-Bun - 11-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Omniology - by --Pete - 11-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Omniology - by SteinHerz - 11-04-2003, 08:40 PM
Omniology - by Taem - 11-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Omniology - by Bun-Bun - 11-04-2003, 11:05 PM