Final Fantasy XI
Hail Angel,

Quote: 1. How's the music?

The music is good, and fits certain scenarios very well. Though overall, I personally think it's not up to par with the other Final Fantasy scores. I've found times where the music is distracting enough to make me leave the area, but other times I've fell in love with a piece of music and just stand still for a few minutes to listen.

Quote:2. Is there a storyline on par with the rest of the series?

Well, that depends how you play the game-- as the game focuses on YOUR story, not someone elses. It all depends what missions you take, and which sides to choose. You can make it as interesting as you want. The movie cinematic you get when you first load the game is quite amazing. Some history you get about the world is semi interesting, but nothing capturing.

Quote:3. Is this a MMORPG, and thus has no ending?

Basically yes, but since this is MMORPG, it's a good thing. That's the basis of MMORPGs, it's everchanging. You may go on a quest that seems very unimportant, but then as you progress it leads into a grand adventure. The only way I can see a game like this truely ending, is if many years ahead of us, they take the servers down and do some kind of big event to conclude the world.

Quote:4. "Modem".. what does that really mean? How fast is your Internet connection?

I've been able to steadly download at a rate of 1.4 megabytes per second from a good server. Though I probably average around 400 KBPS. I can upload anywhere from 150-200 KBPS. Which from what I've heard, is very good.

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy XI - by MonTy - 11-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Final Fantasy XI - by [wcip]Angel - 11-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Final Fantasy XI - by MonTy - 11-02-2003, 09:32 PM