Berserk's & Fire Arrow's damage type modification
Tommi,Mar 10 2003, 08:41 AM Wrote:I have been wondering how skills, such as Berserk and Fire Arrow, which modify the basic weapon damage from physical to another damage type (e.g. magical), exactly work. The questions I have in my mind:
- Do they modify all physical damage on the attack, or just the weapon damage?
- So, do the stat bonuses get also modified to another damage type?
- How about if I have a Might aura on my character? Does the damage it adds get modified to non-physical, too?

Thanks in advance,

Tommi
Not sure about fire arrow but for Berserk attack, the game basically calculate everything as normal (that is physical damage). Then at the end, it simply convert all physical damage to magical. I call it a dirty hack since they introduced a special flag passed along that manipulate damage afterwards. However, considering how they failed doing it correctly before, well, it is better than nothing. Personally I would have change the coding and general working of the game slightly to make it work the old way :)

But yes, stat bonuses get transfered into magical damage as well since the game actually calculate it all as physical to start with. Might should work too. All modifiers you have that increases physical damage will work, even critical hit I would say.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Berserk's & Fire Arrow's damage type modification - by Jarulf - 03-10-2003, 10:02 AM