Collaborative list of v1.10 Ladder "keepers"
From workshop poster's studies of v1.10 changes it is apparent to me that some drops in the upcoming new v1.10 Ladder economy are quite valuable but probably not obvious to many people. It seems a pity to me, but I'm sure even Lurkers will let some of these drops die (doh!--you mean that old piece of junk is valuable?!).

Also, by posting here, I'm sure others will mention some drops that have slipped my mind or that I'm not aware of their v1.10 special utility. I am focusing here primarily on pre-hell non-elite drops (as it is probably pretty obvious to anyone that elite unique drops are valuable) that might occur early on in Ladder play.

Here goes, off the top of my head...

Items with "new" v1.10 uses:

Serpent Lord unique staff. 100% mana steal is now valuable for two reasons: One, assassins can use kick skill with it, ignoring its weenie damage; Two, double upgrading it to elite makes it a generally interesting weapon.

Any exploding arrow or bolt unique bow or crossbow. As of v1.10s Enchant is an uber skill, and these bows are ideally suited to carry Enchant fire damage. Especially valuable are the bows, as Rogue hirelings can use them.

Boneslayer unique axe. As of v1.10s Paladin Holy Bolt is an uber skill and this axe allows a Paly with a Blessed Hammer build to get a Holy Bolt build basically for free. Additionally the healing properties of Holy Bolt from this axe aren't bad.

Any staff for the Runeword Leaf (TirRal -- non-magic, needs two sockets or possible) with +3 Enchant. Severe bonus points if it also has any plus to Fire Mastery. Leaf will add +3 fire skills, making this a great (easy to acquire, relatively speaking) item for an Enchantress.

All "flawed" weapons with some nice attributes that can be "fixed" by an assassin using them for Blade Fury or a kicking skill. If this isn't clear, take a look, for example, at the attributes on many of the unique daggers and imagine that either their damage output is fixed (kicking) or that you get to rapidly throw unlimited numbers of them (Blade Fury).

Helms and Body Armor with knockback, flee, poison and open wounds are now more interesting for hirelings, as crowd control and regen prevention are more important in v1.10.

Items that fizzled out before, that are now potentially good:

Ribcracker, unique staff. An interesting weapon/defense aid which assumes new value because of the unique upgrade recipes.

Guardian Angel unique plate. The +15% max resist all on this is very very nice and the upgrade to elite recipe makes it a world class Hell difficulty armor (especially good for shield users).

I should also like to mention, since the economy is reset, that rushing will be a big deal at least at first, for runes and imbues. This means that lots of "weenie set" items, like Hsarus and Sigons and Artic and Angelic are actually very very good. Those Hsarus boots, for example, are the lowest clvl req way to speed up your rushee's travel time (+20% run/walk speed). Whereas now you might react to such drops with contempt, at least early on in the Ladder you should give some thought to muling them, if you know or trade with someone who rushes.

This also means that Jewels of Envy (20 poison/2 secs, no clvl req) are very worthwhile. Similarly, if you get "decent" +poison damage charms, I'd save them.

Since no one has any items, I'd also recommend hording all 1x1 +cold damage charms you find, as these are very valuable in quantity to Freezing Arrow Bowazons.

Right now you probably consider Tir runes (+2 mana/kill) to be common and worthless. For some rushing builds, however, having half a dozen of those early on in the Ladder would be a godsend.

I know I'm neglecting a lot of things/items here, but that's what the thread is for, so post away...
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Collaborative list of v1.10 Ladder "keepers" - by Crystalion - 10-21-2003, 07:55 AM
Collaborative list of v1.10 Ladder "keepers" - by |_ord - 10-28-2003, 04:03 PM