Summoned critter attribute inheritance...
Amazon Basin thread where Librarian wrote (just before v1.10 beta1)...
Quote:the life repl ability of the golems depending on the caster gear is (to me...) a proven fact. I tested it with a fellow necro player in a PvP setup, with all golems.

They'll replenish life, when you wear such equip while casting, and even if you change the items after casting, they still do so. I can't say if the repl formula is the same which is used with players, but it's noticeable faster the more life repl was in use while casting. And vice versa, if you don't have any life repl while casting, the golem won't repl, even if you change the equip after casting (except of an IG created from, say, an armor socketed with skulls or life repl jewels, this will add to the life repl from the caster).

Note while using an IG that it is created new, when you join a new game. Your gear while joining counts then.
I've spent about half an hour in v1.10s testing for this without seeing it. While my tests aren't exhaustive it sure looks like the effect doesn't exist in v1.10s.

The whole issue of what (various classes') summons inherit interests me. An odditity I've mentioned is seeing Shadow Death Sentry casts get #shots bonus from my Assassin's points in Fire Blast. If I understand Ruvanal correctly, Blade Sentry is a summoned creature and inherits AR (this seems odd to me, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding Ruvanal's comments).

Clearly some things are meant to be inherited (like the attributes of an item an Iron Golem is cast from, and the Summon Resist skill, and the current skill assignments for a Shadow Warrior). But I'm curious about the non-obvious things (the biggest of which is that summons are created with the caster's clvl for their mlvl).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Summoned critter attribute inheritance... - by Crystalion - 10-10-2003, 12:29 AM