v1.10beta 100+ immunities acting as psuedo absorb:
Quote:Not truly healing because the minimum damage that you will do to a monster is set to a lower cap of zero.
Completely without expecting it, I ran into the "Ruvanal effect" in testing something PvP tonight. My test sorc (aka victim) was wearing MDR +5 armor and not taking any damage from my weenie Assassin attacks when the Assassin was using +fire damage 1-3 (but not when not). By "weenie" I mean around 10 to 20 physical, which is way more than the "5" of the MDR but way less than 5x10.

I'm rather suspicious, given the various numbers involved, that PvP /10 penalty is now processed before MDR, as I can make everything come out equal between "Ruvanal effect" theory and practice if so.

Nonetheless, the notion that MDR could trigger the effect makes me wonder if DR (physical damage reduction) can as well and if the order of calculation is the same? I don't have a circ/amu of Life Everlasting handy to test with, but their effect would be enormous PvP if the calculation is going the way I suspect the MDR was.

As usual, it could be some time before I get around to testing this myself, and I certainly will not scan the code for an explanation, so I offer it up to the LL "as is"...
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
v1.10beta 100+ immunities acting as psuedo absorb: - by Crystalion - 10-05-2003, 07:12 AM