v1.10beta 100+ immunities acting as psuedo absorb:
continuing...
Some resistance notes...

Lightning Resistance: base max 130% again less than 10 types have 120%+

Cold Resistance: this one is ugly. 75 monsters types have a cold resistance from 130% to 210% and the gargoyletrap has a ResCo(H)=1000. With the sorceress Cold Mastery not even cutting through the immunity at all, it is not clear why there would be so many this high of a resistance (the other previous types together had less than this in the 101 to 140 range. Mageazons beware of what you try to use cold attacks on; same for some of the assassin attacks that also do cold with the other stuff.

Poison Resistance: There are quite few in this category also, but most are in the range of 100 to 120 resistance. There are some 'mobile monsters' that have up to 140 resistance. The bone prisons and the bone wall have a 200% resistance. There are several of the 'constructs' and other non-mobile monsters that have a 1000% resistance.

Quote:My observation on a melee sorceress in Act II Hell starts to make more sense now: I was healing that damned Burning Archer boss with every hit!
Not truly healing because the minimum damage that you will do to a monster is set to a lower cap of zero. It would require actually doing a negative amount of damage to heal the monster. But it would not surprise me that many of the attacks were reduced to zero damage or close to it.

Aside from Stone Skin could Ghostly Champs be a problem?
That would depend on if the coding for them was fixed from what was in v1.09. In the earlier versions the Ghostly Champs were getting a fiat physical resist=50 regardless of what their resistance was to start with. It actually made the Ghostly Ghosts have less physical resistance.

On the Iron Golem case it seems likely from what I have tested earlier. But I am unsure of how fast the golem would be able to kill on his own. A very effective 'immune' barrier though.

A note on that testing that I did is that when the resistance is raised by multiple sources other than just the resistance ratings in monstats.txt, they may not end up showing that the monster is immune. I had modded the game such that the necro skeletons plus the amount from the Summon Resist skill would be greater than 100%. They would not get a notation by their life bar as being immune, but none the less they were.

This in turn can tie into two other things that I can think of. The first appears to be a bug with the hirelings. There are reports from some that they occasionally appear to immune to some of the elemental effects. Either the cap on their resistance is not being applied or more likely it is only being applied before taking into account the equipment that they have. If the latter it should be possible to make some of the hirelings 'immune' through the right selection of equipment with an eye toward the resistance’s that can be gained. Needless to say the shield on the Iron Wolves can make an excellent choice for testing this.

A second thing to be ware of concerning this is the Ancients. Most do not realize that they will spawn with random equipment. Since this equipment should be rare in magical quality by hell difficulty, this is some thing to be wary of when approaching them there. Their natural resistance amounts plus what they can get from their equipment may put them over 100% to an element and it will not show as an immunity to 'worry' about.

Things are definitely looking worse that I first considered that thread concerning Venom.

Messages In This Thread
v1.10beta 100+ immunities acting as psuedo absorb: - by Ruvanal - 09-18-2003, 10:16 PM