v1.10beta 100+ immunities acting as psuedo absorb:
Ruvanal,Sep 18 2003, 10:00 AM Wrote:Some resistance notes (someone else can dig through the files for a better listing)
physical:  Highest base resistance is 100%.  Stone Skin boss packs will be the main concern here. 

Magic Resistance: base max 100%.  No boost on this that I can think of off the top of my head.

Fire Resitance: base max 140%, less than 10 types have 130+%.
Aside from Stone Skin could Ghostly Champs be a problem? I'm also thinking that a Necro/Paly party with a diamonded paly shield Iron Golem and the Paly aura Salvation with Necro Summon Resists might have so much immunity that Spectral Hit bosses (and now their minions, right?) couldn't scratch him. This is rather odd, if true.

Reading between the lines, it looks like Occhidiangela is saying that, indeed, a melee (physical damage) Sorc with lots of Fire Enchant (+fire damage) was having trouble with a "real" (as opposed to barricade type) monster.

I see lots of ways at Arreat Summit's champ/boss bonuses page for +resists of a substantial order to occur, assuming that data is still close to correct? I'm under the impression that bosses are tranferring a lot of effects to their minions these days, so this seems like a good thing to test.
Quote:Just try not to be using a form of damage against a monster that is showing an immunity listing against that type of damage. Like why would you be using...
This is the first good argument *against* high level Enchant I've seen in v1.10beta, as removing Enchant is impossible except by waiting, dying, or new game.

I'm very curious as to how Revives resists are calculated now.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
v1.10beta 100+ immunities acting as psuedo absorb: - by Crystalion - 09-18-2003, 06:18 PM