Class Specific Crafting
adeyke,Sep 14 2003, 11:52 AM Wrote:I do think that a +skills, dual-leech, cannot be frozen, resist ring would be rather overpowered.
... but having +skills (up to +2), dual-leech, half-freeze, and a resist with a still open slot for a prefix on an amulet or circlet is some not overpowered by comparisson? These mods are available rares in 1.10 and on a rare circlet in v1.09. With a socket you could still get the no-freeze property on a circlet anyway. At least the crafted item probably would have had an elevated required level to use compared to a similar rare.

Toss in the relative scarcity of some of the runes required and the problem of actually getting an ideal mix of mods on the item (many of the class crafted fixed mods were not automatic but a small percentage chance of appearing as JustAGuy listed earlier) and the formulas do not all look quite so unblanced overall. It could usually take more effort to get a good ring in some cases than the effort that is being expended in v1.09 on the chipped gem + sword formula.

JustAGuy:
Quote:...  Especially considering that when I was crafting these "uber rings" back in the 1.08 days, I was practically the only one. No one else, to my knowledege, even bothered.  ...
I still have several of the class crafted items that I made on the realms from that period. I did loose about half of what I had at one point due to character inactivity for a while though.

I had done a write up on those class crafts back then on what should work or not because many of the formulas were messed up as to the way they were edited for the file that actually was used on the realms. For example the number of inputs for the forumlas were messed up (the +any item requirement due to a item count one higher than it should have been), which would have resulted in many of the formulas defaulting to only the first of each pair (the lesser class crafts would have over ridden the greater class crafts from even being used). I had written up a post for here, but due to the poor way tables were handled on the forums here I was not able to get it too post in manner that would have been readable. I had shown which formulas should have been working and the ones that would have been blocked from working. It also would have been showing what kind of results to expect from most of the formulas also.

Quote:I think I just regret not exporting that ring from the realm to open, so I could wear it during the beta test (all my accounts expired a long time ago).
Considering that in v1.08 you should not have been able to actually get a dual leech ring from the paladin crafting, I suspect that you may have actually missremember the properties a little bit. The amazon ring crafts though did have the possibility of getting dual leech at that time.

Messages In This Thread
Class Specific Crafting - by JustAGuy - 09-14-2003, 07:12 AM
Class Specific Crafting - by Guest - 09-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Class Specific Crafting - by adeyke - 09-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Class Specific Crafting - by Guest - 09-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Class Specific Crafting - by Zath - 09-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Class Specific Crafting - by JustAGuy - 09-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Class Specific Crafting - by Ruvanal - 09-15-2003, 04:04 AM
Class Specific Crafting - by adeyke - 09-15-2003, 04:54 AM
Class Specific Crafting - by JustAGuy - 09-15-2003, 11:07 PM
Class Specific Crafting - by Xergon - 09-17-2003, 10:02 PM