Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory
Crystalion,Aug 21 2003, 02:53 AM Wrote:he can "show off" by marching straight from the red portal to Pindle and FoHing him and his pack to death in time to turn around and wipe out the courtyard. Mind you these monsters are all level 63+.
I've not played him in some time (he's level 52), especially since, if I had it to do over, I think the best scheme is to build a Blessed Hammer Paly and get the Holy Bolt from Boneslayer (which I've mentioned elsewhere--however I didn't mention that the BS 50% proc of synergized level 25 Holy Bolt when struck is an obvious candidate for circ/amu of life everlasting treatment... i.e. hit me and die, zombie scum!)

However, from my Great Race thread, I had the idea to do a little movie. I threw together the following quick and dirty vb script (windows script host .vbs file) which takes a screenshot every second...
Code:
set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
rem WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Game.exe"" -w"
wscript.echo "will start in 10 seconds"
wscript.sleep 10000
do while wshshell.appactivate("Diablo II")
    wshshell.sendkeys "{SCROLLLOCK}"
    wscript.sleep 1000
loop
wscript.echo "all done"
I rem'ed out the program launch because I prefer to do that manually. I set the game into 640x480 windowed mode (I'm used to 800x600 full screen) and added Scroll Lock as a second key to trigger a print screen (in the configure controls game menu). The cute thing is that you can see the scroll lock light on the keyboard winking on and off, kinda like a "on the air" light.

So I filmed (silent) two minutes of a lazy Pindle run (nm players 1, SP) and did a voice over, stitching it together in the freebie windows movie maker. If you're curious and have 10 meg of bandwidth to burn, you can download it here: HolyFist Pindle Run

If you watch it and go: "so what's the big deal? he just waltzes through the zombie garden?!" then you have it precisely right... since his mid-40s, with lousy equipment he's found himself, he's been smacking down those level 63 Prowling Dead like they were dried cow dung from the moo moo farm. Were it the least bit challenging, I might have had the patience to level him to 68 by now and be ready to do it all over again in hell difficulty.

Messages In This Thread
Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory - by Guest - 08-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory - by Guest - 08-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 10:42 AM