1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades
I fixed the link.

The nighmare thing came as I was testing the chest drops for TC upgrades. I had set the level of the Cold Plains to a much higher level than it should have been in nightmare to see if the TC that chests were using was getting modified. The items dropped from annoying monsters that were in my way, so I used ATMA to examine their ilvl. When it was too high for what would have been expected there in the first place I started looking for the cause. The answer of which is in the content of the first post here.

For the ilvl matter, Isolde had stated in thread at Phrozen Keep that he had only removed one of the ilvl caps in the code. The only place that would fit from the current observations would be the item level of the monster drops, as the other sources still do not appear to allow an ilvl of greater than 99. With the store ilvl=clvl+5 and the character you are using the ilvl would have been 104 if it was allowed. If you try an ilvl=104 in the formulas that Hammerman listed you still would not be able to get a slvl of 11 out of it. I suspect that Hammerman made an error at one point and that there is +1 factor that he missed including at some point in the formulas he was listing. It would not be the first time that I found that type of error in one of his listings (it is fairly easy to make some errors in translating the assembler code to a 'normal type' of psuedo code). There also may have been a subtle change in the formula from 1.09 to 1.10, but I doubt that.

Edit: I checked the vendor item generation and it will allow greater than ilvl=99 now. But that still will not allow an ilvl=104 of generating the slvl of 11 that you observered based on Hammerman's formula. The game is using integer divisions which will only truncate the fractions, not round them. It appears that there is just a missing "+1" factor in what he listed.

Messages In This Thread
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Ruvanal - 09-10-2003, 11:09 PM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 12:04 AM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 12:16 AM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Ruvanal - 09-11-2003, 02:46 AM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 04:47 AM