Bowazon skill plan
NeoLunar,Aug 31 2003, 07:30 AM Wrote:Is this a good build, and will I be able to survive or will I die a zillion times or so? Do you have any comments for me as well, or how to improve this character?
It's a pretty odd skill plan, actually. I will echo the previous poster that the points in Guided Arrow and Strafe don't make a huge amount of sense. The benefits of pumping Strafe beyond maximum targets are dubious -- there are so many other ways to increase damage. The main benefit of adding to GA is to reduce mana cost, and that is more fine tuning. A bowazon who invests heavily in GA or Strafe is a specialized build.

If you are interested in exploring the flexibility of a bowazon, exploit the fact that many bow skills are effective without a huge investment.

Multishot -- completely useful with 5-10 points
GA -- super with a single point
Strafe -- 6 points gets you max targets

That's 3 viable attacks, all useful for different situations, with only 12-17 skill points. Suddenly there are points to invest in an elemental attack and your passives. You have completely ignored Pierce which helps all but GA, and Critical Strike can definitely use more. Penetrate might be worth more points as well, but the jury is still out. Personally I also like a few more points in defensive passives (D/A/E) since I play hardcore.

A 10 point Valk may be great but I would personally be trying to get by with a 5 point Valk until later in a character's life, especially when exploring the versatilty that bowazons offer. Maybe I'm crazy but I don't see myself maxing Valk on every build simply because there are so many other places to spend points.

If you are goin to put more than a single point in Freezing Arrow, consider investing much more, and don't forget Pierce which greatly improves a pumped Frozen Arrow.
KS

Messages In This Thread
Bowazon skill plan - by NeoLunar - 08-31-2003, 11:39 AM
Bowazon skill plan - by Guest - 08-31-2003, 01:54 PM
Bowazon skill plan - by NeoLunar - 08-31-2003, 02:08 PM
Bowazon skill plan - by Guest - 09-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Bowazon skill plan - by Thecla - 09-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Bowazon skill plan - by zaffo - 09-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Bowazon skill plan - by Occhidiangela - 09-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Bowazon skill plan - by Rageburst - 09-04-2003, 01:34 AM