IlleglWpns
So there I was, hacking my way through the swampy pit in Act 3 hell in hopes of finding a better weapon. I encounter a gloam boss pack and alarm bells start go off in my head. I turn on resist lightning and cautiously advance to try and lure one out around the corner. Having done so I decide to turn off resist lightning and engage one on one.

Baaad idea. One lightning bolt later I'm staring at my character's dead body (a paladin). 900 health GONE in the blink of an eye. Now granted I had minimal lightning resist, but even with a critical hit that SHOULD not have happened. And in fact it didn't happen with normal gloams. Later I found out that the boss was fire enchanted and that in fact, elemental damage transfers to minion's spell attacks...

Now arguably this death was my fault...I should have kept resist lightning on...but it was ONE gloam, and not even a boss at that. IMO minions should not get elemental damage added to their spell attacks.

Give gloams a VERY damaging ranged attack? Fine, it makes the game harder, you have to dodge and pay attention to your resistances.

Make it hard to dodge and extremely long range? A little less fine, but I suppose skilled players can deal with that too

Allow it to kill characters with ONE shot, when said characters do not have negative resistances and have decent HP? NOT FINE. This makes every encounter a game of russian roulette. Heck even with the megademon infernos you could see your health drop and run away. With gloams you can get hit from offscreen, be stunned, and die without any warning whatsoever.

Messages In This Thread
IlleglWpns - by IlleglWpns - 08-29-2003, 02:46 AM
IlleglWpns - by DeeBye - 08-29-2003, 04:04 AM
IlleglWpns - by IlleglWpns - 08-29-2003, 04:22 AM
IlleglWpns - by whyBish - 08-29-2003, 06:17 AM
IlleglWpns - by Bolty - 08-29-2003, 09:47 PM