Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory
Crystalion,Aug 19 2003, 12:59 PM Wrote:I'm not ready to do a complete report, but the overview is...

He appears to be a bit of a glass cannon atm for the nm Pindle area (I'll probably have to actually distribute some stat points).
I tend to find repetitve tasks unbearably boring, but from 42 to 49 in nm Pindle area (players 1) was a breeze. It is true, as I've not put any points into Vitality (he has lots undistributed) that he is a glass cannon, however, his xp loss when he dies is trivial compared to the rate at which he is picking up xp.

And now, at 49, with FoH maxed (20 HB, 1 BH, 1 in other FoH prereqs, no auras) he can "show off" by marching straight from the red portal to Pindle and FoHing him and his pack to death in time to turn around and wipe out the courtyard. Mind you these monsters are all level 63+.

As a test, at players 8, HolyFist has to be rather paranoid to not get charged to death, but the rate of xp harvest is even higher. (I have no gear to speak of, just 74% blocking, so they are rather likely to hit).

Because a purpose of the build is to xp rush others, I am considering next working on maxing Sanctuary (before maxing Blessed Hammer for HB synergy maxout and perhaps then Prayer, for grins). This is because the pulses of knockback would make it relatively "safe" for the xp rushees to just hang out "afk" while I slaughter the undead horde (not to mention safer for HolyFist when those deaths are a bigger chunk of xp loss in hell).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory - by Guest - 08-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory - by Crystalion - 08-21-2003, 03:02 AM
Holy Bolt v1.10 B2; Paladin xp factory - by Guest - 08-21-2003, 02:53 PM