FF VIII Love
Quote:Well, AFAIK the game lets you take a number of rank tests equal to your level. I was level 10 when I first got the option to take them (derail: how did you finish the game at level 10??) and I just took all 10 that it would allow me, since it lets you retry if you miss a question (although it doesn't tell you which one you missed...). I also got 6 ranks for "free" based on my performance in the fire cave and dollet, so I was rank 16 at level 10.

:P That was SeeD ranking 10, not level 10. However, it is actualy possible to beat the game at level 10. The enemies grow stronger as you level up. But you have to be at least level 30 to draw the better spells. Otherwise you'll fail constantly. (Did you have a hard time drawing from Diablos)

Quote:Is there a limit to the amount of magic you can have/carry? Because I don't see a "drop" command anywhere...

100 is the maximum for one type of spell. There's a limit to the total amount of spells too, although I can't remember. (Hint: all the pages are full) If your character is just too bogged down by spells, just give them for another member to hold. As for getting rid of spells, the option isn't on a menu. Just point the cursor to a spell, and press "square" I played it on the Pc, so I had to look it up, just right now. ;)

Quote:So I should start buying potions, rather than using Cure/Curaga spells? I've trans-- refined a ton of cards and have some items I can further refine (into Water, Fira, Firas, etc) but I haven't yet because I'm not sure what else they may be good for (I know the M-Stones are for some weapon upgrades, and I used a whole bunch of items to learn Blue Magic for Quistis).

At this point in the game, i think you're better off using potions. Later on, you will want healing spells as the potions begin to suck. You can save those potions to use after battle later on. And if you're in the overworld map, abuse those tents. The thing is, afiak, the potions are useful in some refining formula. But there's nothing really worth buying anyways. You might buy several of the item that cures all status ailments. (can't remember) Oh yea, G-hi potions are worth buying if you're guardian forces are dying. (Tents don't heal them)
Just remember, in most games, unspent money is wasted money.

If you already have curaga, it's probaly junctioned to something, so saving some cura/potions helps. In the late game, you'll find better junction spells than curaga, and you can mindlessly use it then.

Quote:Oh yes, items that boost character/GF Compatability: Use them? Refine them into other stuffs?
Do not use them. instead save them for refining. Go over your Gf's abilties, and check if they have any refining skills to learn.

Quote:
I'm in Timber. I've just helped Rinoa and the Forest Owls (  ) hijack the President's train. But then it turns out he wasn't the president, but some weird body-double-melty-zombie type thing. Then we find out that the real President is going to be at the Timber TV station for some radio broadcast, so I'm making my way through the town to the Timber Maniacs building/hotel, which is apparently the only way to the station...

Ah yes, the fake president, lamest monster in the game. Well, actualy undead monsters are lame in this game as they can be killed with potions and even phoenix downs.

Quote:Oh, and quick question: I have Qeutzacotl, Shiva, Ifrit, Siren and Diablos, but there's an empty spot between Siren and Diablos. Did I miss a GF somewhere along the way? 

You can't find that Gf yet, and you haven't missed any Gf's so far.

Oh yeah, if someone asks you to play Triple Triad by their rules, try to keep refusing until they stop insisting that. Sometimes that won't work, but it's best to avoid some those rules unless you somehow know how to exploit them.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
FF VIII Love - by WarLocke - 08-12-2003, 03:32 AM
FF VIII Love - by Quark - 08-12-2003, 03:53 AM
FF VIII Love - by Archon_Wing - 08-12-2003, 04:04 AM
FF VIII Love - by WarLocke - 08-12-2003, 06:01 AM
FF VIII Love - by [wcip]Angel - 08-12-2003, 06:30 AM
FF VIII Love - by Archon_Wing - 08-12-2003, 06:43 AM
FF VIII Love - by WarLocke - 08-12-2003, 07:16 AM
FF VIII Love - by Archon_Wing - 08-12-2003, 07:50 AM
FF VIII Love - by [wcip]Angel - 08-12-2003, 09:47 AM