Modding 1.10s.
If it wasn't in an old version, there's a 99.9% chance it won't be in any future versions, either. Conversely, if it WAS in an old version, there's an equal chance it will continue to be in future versions. And, most values will be the same, as well. I.e. a 1 second delay in an older version will most likely continue to be a 1 second delay in future versions for that same skill.

Valkyrie, you can be certain, will NOT have a timer. Neither will Decoy, just in case there were any questions. ;) Fire Golem, however, most likely WILL, as that was a change I personally made, and one I was very pleased with.

Will send you an archive of the .txt files. The .mpq is FAR too large for me to e-mail, and currently my web host is completely kapoot (has been for some time). So, until I find a temp host, or get my old domain name back online, I'll have to stick to sending just the .txt's. It's quite easy to use them:

Unzip the folder (including sub-folders, keeping folder names) into your Diablo II directory (or into a "mod" directory therein, if you prefer). Then, copy your Diablo II shortcut, and add the following to the command line found in the "Target" box:
Code:
-direct -txt

Place this OUTSIDE the quotes ("C:\Games\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt). Then start the game normally. This will override the patch for the files that I have provided, while not touching anything else (in other words, it will only use the changes I've made, and not screw up anything else I haven't touched). If you wish to make your own .mpq file, it's not too difficult (you're already halfway there), but I'll leave that explanation to another time. ;) It requires a few extra tools, which most people won't have (but are easy to get and use).

Right now, I'm going to probably continue on randomizing monsters throughout the rest of the acts (I'm keeping it pretty much the same, at 3 picks per area, but expanding the number of monsters to choose from up to anywhere from 4 - 8; this will ensure much more variety, especially in places where only 2 or 3 kinds of monsters could ever appear {and, thus, those monsters would ALWAYS appear}; expect there to be a bit more or less challenge as a result, just like in Diablo). I have a an idea or two up my sleeve for an Easter Egg of sorts, but I'm not going to talk about that now. ;) You'll have to wait and see, if it develops. After that, who knows what I'll do. :P But, that will be a good start, and from there I'll probably begin work either on further monster editing, or skill editing.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Modding 1.10s. - by Roland - 08-09-2003, 03:38 AM
Modding 1.10s. - by Haviandhae'el - 08-09-2003, 03:51 AM
Modding 1.10s. - by Nicodemus Phaulkon - 08-09-2003, 04:11 AM
Modding 1.10s. - by WarBlade - 08-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Modding 1.10s. - by Roland - 08-09-2003, 05:05 AM
Modding 1.10s. - by nightwing - 08-09-2003, 05:28 AM
Modding 1.10s. - by Roland - 08-09-2003, 06:15 AM