D2R PTR Thorny Skills
Myrdinn, thanks for the reply with a data point on what damage would be like in the 2.3 game.  I ran up the numbers since there had been basically none in the patch notes released about 4 days prior to the PTR starting so it could be looked at.  One of the Youtubers(Ginger Gaming Mentor) had done a test on the stream about an hour before I finished up the table to see the numbers.  He had found the results rather lackluster in his opinion.  Your data point and these numbers would seem to strongly suggest that this would be the case.  There is one point that would make a bit of difference in the final analysis for the thorns situation; 2.3 would require the mob to hit the target to reflect damage while with 2.4 change the mob only needs to attack to get the thorn damage applied.  Regardless it still looks to be under performing.

Overall I don't care that much on the thorns skills since they do not fit my play style really.  I was planning to work up an information thread on the new mercanary changes.  Especially since I noticed that they gave some of the mercs new abilities that do not seem to be well balance for what the devs seem to have intended.  The act3 fire merc seems like it might be wack-a-noodle overpowered to other mercs when a gave a quick look over the hireling.txt information.  But due to short video done by Mrllamasc on the Holy Fire skill, I think my next dive will be to try looking at that skill and a few other bits of game information.

Messages In This Thread
D2R PTR Thorny Skills - by Ruvanal - 01-26-2022, 12:51 AM
RE: D2R PTR Thorny Skills - by myrdinn - 01-26-2022, 11:02 AM
RE: D2R PTR Thorny Skills - by Ruvanal - 01-26-2022, 03:19 PM
RE: D2R PTR Thorny Skills - by myrdinn - 01-27-2022, 09:59 AM