Zare - A Path of Chaos
Our agent of Chaos, Zare, was able to down Kitava and has moved onto maps, chasing the exiles bound there. Pre-maps her damage and clear speed did start to suffer, and required more patience than typical POE characters. Bosses like Kitava felt the easiest, as they stayed in place while my toxic rain pods stacked up. It's the large packs of fast attacking mobs that pose the real threat to her, firing before her damage can start stacking up. I'm finding the Agony Crawler to be just as much if not more damage than what I'm providing, so I may 5-link that skill first.

Here is her Path of Building pre-maps: https://pastebin.com/VygqXGz8

The chest piece found is aptly named as Miracle Hide, as it dropped at a great time of needing more life. The Incursion mod of flat 118+ life and percentage life of 9% is exactly what she needed to help survive. That chest-piece will probably stick around forever and will be my first item I try to 6 socket and 5 link.

Her current Path of Building at level 76 after running some maps, is here: https://pastebin.com/aV07G7sT

In low tier maps, clear speed is very lackluster. I'm often required to kite while mobs are snared in my chaos damage over time pods. Single target and bossing remain a high point of this build, so I'm going to try in work in ways to clear faster. If I get a 5-link, I may throw in piece support to my agony crawler. The play style is very engaging though, requiring me to kite and manually dodge, thanks to the Dash + Second wind support, which is incredible for getting around faster, and avoiding everything. It's going to be hard to play another character without dash + second wind, as the instant movement has been life saving. Previously I've used flame dash + faster casting, or Shield Charge + Faster attacks, but both of those movement setups pale in comparison for getting you out of immediate danger.

My life pool is less than I'd hope for at this stage. I have just about 5k life at a 174% life tree. Getting a new quiver would be a big boost as there's no life on the unique Hyrri's Bite. I just can't roll a quiver for the life of me. Hoping to find a decent life essence and just throw it on there, and craft attack speed.

I typically don't run incursions, but I found myself needing to run everything I could to try and get upgrades. I upgraded an item reward room to tier 3, and got three incursion life items! I was able to equip the ring and belt immediately that had high life + % life, while playing item Tetris to keep my resistances maxed. I'm wanting to get up to 6.5k life ASAP, and I don't feel like I can respec out of damage nodes as I'm pressed for damage, so I'm bee-lining to the Scion life wheel. It is so very tempting to get the new Cluster Jewel setup, as I'm positioned right there, but I haven't rolled any life jewels yet, only some tempting chaos damage ones.

Lastly, I'm really hoping to find a bow upgrade for Zare. While her current one does have +1 gems and high attack speed, it's just not quite enough for maps. I'm looking out for that quill rain, darkscorn, or rare +2 skills high attack speed bow. Hoping to make it to that life wheel before my luck runs out- she has had one near death when her life dropped to 1.5k from a lag burst, and then my screen completely froze. All of the potions were slammed and quit out of the game immediately. There must have been in a bug in the map, it wouldn't let me re-enter. Zare didn't want to, anyway Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Zare - A Path of Chaos - by MonTy - 03-31-2020, 11:55 PM
RE: Character Accounts - by MonTy - 04-01-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: Character Accounts - by Frag - 04-03-2020, 03:44 PM
RE: Character Accounts - by MonTy - 04-03-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: Zare - A Path of Chaos - by MonTy - 04-05-2020, 03:15 PM
RE: Zare - A Path of Chaos - by MonTy - 04-06-2020, 10:37 AM
RE: Zare - A Path of Chaos - by MonTy - 05-07-2020, 04:50 AM