Katy Perry in the aftermath of Manchester
(05-31-2017, 11:34 AM)kandrathe Wrote: The Caymanians enjoy a standard of living comparable to that of Switzerland.

A very certain sector, namely the wealthy, perhaps. But unfortunately, your rose colored glasses fail to see that wherever there are rich, there is bound to be poor and oppressed people also, which leads me to...

Quote:How's that Capitalism oppression going in the Caymans?

I would say, pretty fucking well actually.

It's pretty funny you use the biggest tax evasion haven on the planet, a country that invests next to nothing in social programs because it invests almost all of it in luxury hotels and banks. It's the perfect example of how wasteful and useless a system capitalism is.

And you say capitalism is getting better? No. About 65 people in the world own the same wealth as half the poorest people on the planet do, and while inequality between countries might be less than it used to be, it certainly isn't WITHIN them. So using any single country to drive your point home is moot - that is precisely the point: capitalism is a global problem, and not a national one that begins in any particular country.

Lastly, why haven't you responded to everything else I said about how capitalism works in reality? Is it perhaps because you have no refutation to what I said, because you know its the truth? Maybe you are starting to realize that any defense of this archaric, oppressive system is an untenable political position?
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katy Perry in the aftermath of Manchester - by FireIceTalon - 05-31-2017, 02:33 PM