Katy Perry in the aftermath of Manchester
(05-26-2017, 03:59 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: My reality? As if me, you and everyone else has their own abstract reality that they live in, mutually exclusive from one another, like we are all from different planets. ...
Quote:Maduro is about as left-wing as Trump, Obama, or Clinton. Maybe on the left-wing of capital, perhaps. In other words, not really at left-wing at all; and certainly not in any meaningful sense of what is to be a leftist. He's also a raging homophobe - something no leftist of today, worth their salt, will (or can) be. Overall, he is your average bourgeois politician.
It doesn't matter what someone wants to categorize themselves (or someone else) as. Anyone can say I'm this, or that. Or that someone else is this, or that. It doesn't make it so. What does matter, does the hypothesis/assertion/whatever is being stated/claimed, reflect real world material conditions? If not, then that idea or statement should be rejected.
Your reality is where you get to judge and label Maduro, and Chavistas not Left enough, then eschew labels.

China, Laos, Vietnam, Cuba, or North Korea are the remaining examples of communist nations. Only China, after re-embracing capitalism is digging out of the central planning hole. Are any of those five left enough? It seems no one exemplifies the ideal of Leftism for your approval. Who is the real idealist?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katy Perry in the aftermath of Manchester - by kandrathe - 05-26-2017, 06:44 AM