What can change the nature of a man?
Huge thanks to the starter of this thread and all the contributors. I read most of this thread while I was over in Scotland and computerless. I made a mental note that I MUST get Planescape Torment once I'm home. I haven't regretted it yet :)

If that's 5 ways to end the game...
There's also a 6th way, you can choose to become the Silent King for eternity under one of the dialog paths if you had enough charisma to get Stale Mary to reveal a portal to the Silent King's throneroom while you're a prisoner of the dead nations.(other methods of entry result in Hargrimm not being there to talk to you)

I guess the 7th would be killing anyone with essential information before getting it. Pharod and Trias I know cause this, probably Ravel if you never speak a word? Fhjull too I imagine? Lothar might be able to kill you just like the Lady can too, I'm not sure I can't remember trying to fight him.

As for killing Ignus and Vhailor, it doesn't matter if you kill either or both, The Transcendent One will resurrect whoever you were supposed fight and the brief scene continues as if he summoned either one.

Try going through the game solo...it's a sad lonely path but you get some different dialog branches with Ravel, and the conversation with TTO in the endgame is cut differently.

I remember in my solo playthrough, I pressed Pharod on the matter of what was on my corpse. I only wish it could have been one of the regrets I could write down. My TNO felt a lot of guilt because Pharod soon died, and further when I went into his vault I realized he wasn't too wealthy either. But I guess he really did value his books. Also because I didn't have any companions, it became almost entirely about Deionarra for me (well, I don't know what it is about her, almost all my times through the game I can't help but care about her), this incarnation in my solo game started off with minimum int, wis, chr, so I was a clumsy oaf when speaking to Deionarra initially. So I didn't understand her and only got her angry several times. When I found out about through the sensory stones/legacy/her father what happened, it really hurt my NamelessOne.

I only wish there was a way to get the "good" ending for Ignus without going through the game with the alignment that requires harsher measures.

Oh well, that's my fill of ranting.

Messages In This Thread
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-04-2003, 11:58 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Kharohz - 04-05-2003, 03:03 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 03:35 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-05-2003, 06:12 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 09:27 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Quark - 04-06-2003, 03:04 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Dani - 04-06-2003, 03:08 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-09-2003, 06:16 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-10-2003, 01:54 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Solanalos - 07-27-2003, 12:52 PM