General Thoughts on 1.10
Very good first post, welcome to the Lounge :)

I would take issue with you on the issue of whether it is wrong that partying reduces difficulty

Firstly the game is playable single player. I am half way through Hell with a similar Necro to yours which hasn't died yet (single player since the end of Normal). Someone over at the Basin has already finished hardcore in single player with a hydra/blizzard sorc. It is difficult, I think it should be. I don't think it's a great loss that the game is now to difficult to solo with under-powered builds. (Although I suspect that some players may even achieve that in due course)

I do think that the game has slightly missed an opportunity. It would have been nice to see some of the weaker skills close up on the stronger. However BO (for instance) which was already one of the strongest skills in the game now grants synergy bonuses to 3 other skills while Grim Ward has not been changed. An opportunity missed

Nevertheless there is certainly an enjoyable single player game here, arguably more enjoyable, certainly less repetitive

As for partying, softcore is the path to uberness. If there are three or more of you and you have diverse characters then everything will fall to you given time

But in hardcore games, even with an optimised party a careless or poorly played encounter can bring the team to a crashing halt. That keeps the interest level going, despite the relative easiness of most encounters

I don't think it's too easy for hardcore partying, I think it's actually a nice balance. Bit early to tell still

Messages In This Thread
General Thoughts on 1.10 - by OniMaster - 07-27-2003, 04:28 AM
General Thoughts on 1.10 - by Brista - 07-27-2003, 08:18 AM
General Thoughts on 1.10 - by Tsunami - 07-27-2003, 04:15 PM