New computer build time? Or hold off?
It's finally here! There were some delays due to out of stock parts, me changing things, and terrible weather for delivering a parcel over 4,000 km in Canada in January. Everything arrived unbroken. They did a good job of packing it for a long travel.

Excuse my low quality cellphone pictures.

I haven't fired it up yet. I was working a late shift and it was delivered while I was away. I only just unboxed it and installed the GPU. I need to move some things from my current computer to an external drive anyways.

The Corsair 230T case seems pretty nice on first impressions. There is tons of room in it, and a bunch of spots for huge fans if I might need them. The case has one big fan up front, and the H60 liquid CPU cooler has a big one in the back. It looks like they are set up for good airflow front-to-back, and directly across the video card. The GTX 970 is a big card, but it feels surprisingly light. My old AMD 4890 is about the same size, but was a lot heavier.

[Image: dwQN8kZ.jpg]

[Image: R6KP8W5.jpg]

edit: I still haven't decided on what game I should play to break it in. What is the most graphically demanding (yet fun) game out there right now?

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 02-03-2015, 05:43 AM