New computer build time? Or hold off?
(01-24-2015, 12:07 AM)Taem Wrote: FEAR is pretty incredible. Some of the gfx settings seem "familiar" after a couple of levels, but if you play with headphones in the dark, the game is really intense! I found Deadspace to be pretty boring and the ambient audio to be grating to my senses to a point I didn't enjoy the game, but FEAR kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time and was not too much on anything. I highly recommend you give it a try.

I have (but not yet played) the entire FEAR series, and I love horror-themed games. I'm happy to see a positive review of them. I actually really loved Dead Space. I also have (but not yet played) Dead Space 2, but not 3. I think it's only on Origin. I'm also seeing that Resident Evil has been remastered in HD and released on Steam for $20. I absolutely loved Resident Evil 1&2 on Playstation back in the day, so I'm keenly interested in that.

As for headphone gaming, I might be looking for something new. Right now I have a Sennheiser HD 280 Pro that is great for watching movies late at night when my family is asleep, but I bought my son a Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset for Christmas. I tried it out for myself and it really sounds fantastic for the price, so now I'm thinking on getting a really good 7.1 gaming headset for me. My HD 280 sounds great, but it's only stereo and I'd love to see what newer games sound like with a full 7.1 headset. I'm not quite sure what to look at though.

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 01-25-2015, 05:31 AM