New computer build time? Or hold off?
(12-31-2014, 07:13 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Say that you're getting a very good value purchase because the rig you chose is right at the sweet spot of value to dollar ratio. And you even saved money by smartly shopping around and price comparison\matching, which is true. Tongue

I subtlety dropped a hint about really wanting the computer, and told her how good of a deal it was. She was less than impressed, because she really doesn't understand "gaming PCs". She plays Smurfs Village on Android and uses Facebook, so one PC is as good as another to her. I might just say that we've been doing well financially, and all of our bills are being paid on time and we always have a little bit left over. Time to splurge on something that will last me a few years.

(12-31-2014, 07:13 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: That's a pretty nice gfx card you're getting, should last you for awhile.

It sure kicks the crap out of my current AMD 7660d APU. I just hope it isn't terribly loud at idle. I was going to swap it out with something cheaper, but the bundle price for the 970 was great. I don't think I've ever had a current-gen video card. I usually go a generation or two behind.

(12-31-2014, 09:35 PM)Taem Wrote: Tell her it's your xmas and b.day gift to yourself, so she's next up for a big purchase.

Well, she actually had the last big purchase. She bought a new 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. It's my turn?

(12-31-2014, 09:35 PM)Taem Wrote: In regards to your setup, an nice overall solid rig with upgradable potential of memory and cpu later on. You'll love the usb 3.0 ports on the front of the rig to be sure. The only thing I would have dropped an extra $30 on would have been a gold standard psu, as it will literally save you hundred of dollars a year in electricity, especially with a video card like that: Article.

USB 3.0 ports on the front will be nice. I have a couple of USB 3.0 flash drives that I use quite a lot, but I can never be bothered to plug them into my current computer's rear 3.0 ports. It's just a pain.

I'm fine with the 80+ Bronze. It's the exact same PSU I currently have, and I like it.

(01-01-2015, 12:53 AM)Nystul Wrote: Looks like a solid system to me, although I would want a bigger hard drive, but that's an easy upgrade at the point it is needed.

This system actually only came with the SSD for storage, and I added the 1TB drive. I really don't need too much more, and if I do I'll just add another drive when I need it.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm feeling pretty good about the purchase.

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 01-01-2015, 05:10 AM