New computer build time? Or hold off?
(12-14-2014, 09:17 AM)LennyLen Wrote: I looked at the specs for that one on the manufacturers site, and it only has basic features so you're not going to be paying for advanced stuff that you won't be using. The reviews for it seem pretty encouraging as well. A few people have mentioned that the instruction manual that comes with it isn't particularly good, so if you're not 100% certain of you're assembly skills and know someone who is, maybe get them to assist.

Thanks. That's encouraging. I've built a few computers before, so I think I'll be okay.

(12-14-2014, 09:17 AM)LennyLen Wrote: 240Gb is certainly big enough. I'm using 160Gb of my boot drive, with Win7, a dozen or so games as well as MS Office and most of the Adobe applications plus programming stuff. You could probably get by with 128Gb, but I know for myself I'd rather have space and not need it than need it hand not have it.

I don't have any experience with Crucial drives, but the reviews seem mostly positive. Their failure rate doesn't seem overly high and they do have a 3yr warranty.

Again, thank you. 240Gb it is!

(12-14-2014, 02:49 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: I'd vote yes for the aftermarket cooler.

Do you (or anyone else, really) have a suggestion for a quiet aftermarket cooler for the i5 4590 that will fit my case (CPU cooler height: 163mm / 6.4 inch)? I'm not 100% sure I'll get one, but I'd like to explore the option.

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-15-2014, 03:56 AM