New computer build time? Or hold off?
(12-08-2014, 06:16 PM)Taem Wrote: Then all you need is mobo that has what you want (i.e. usb 3.0, pci-ex with sli or crossfire capability, and the processor type you plan on using), extra fans for the case and a good heat-sink for your new processor, and of course a good processor to go along with that, 16-gigs of DDR4+ memory (you should replace it all to the same brand and speed), and at least one video card with 2gb on board ram with good performance ratings

So many points to address here - I'll start with the mobo. I'm pretty sure I'll be going i5-4590 and not overclocking. I also don't need/want sli/crossfire. The guides I've read say that a H97 mobo is what I want. I'll also just use the retail heatsink, unless someone can suggest to me an aftermarket cooler that is just as easy to install and is a lot quieter.

As for memory - 16GB of DDR4? I'm pretty sure that's overkill, and incredibly way over my budget. 2 sticks of 4GB DDR3 is what I'm planning on getting.

(12-08-2014, 06:16 PM)Taem Wrote: Are you sure your PSU has the necessary power outlets to power the newer gen video cards and all your sata devices? Most PSU's under 600w are woefully lacking fyi. Anyway, have fun with your build!

I have a Corsair 600w modular PSU. I think that will suffice.

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-09-2014, 05:15 AM