We're almost there with PV Solar price/performance.
(10-21-2014, 08:13 PM)Kevin Wrote: It would be nice though, the model S has a 265 mile range, you get that to just 700 and that pretty much gives you full driving freedom, especially for a Tesla specifically as they already have great coverage on their rapid charge stations. I think 500 miles is the goal for a lot of manufacturers for the break even point. That beats the range of a lot of gasoline powered vehicles for a single tank. It gets you to a full day of driving. Sure I've done over 1,000 miles in a day but most people will do 500 a day a handful of times in their life.
200+ handles most peoples daily driving habits. I'm not so worried about 700 miles driving. More worried about finding recharging places and the time it takes, so I can continue on my trip in the morning. That said, I think a good solution will be more like a battery exchange. Sort of like what happens with gas grill propane tanks. The issue there is standardization, and the service station would test the batteries and ensure the quality standards are met.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're almost there with PV Solar price/performance. - by kandrathe - 10-22-2014, 04:37 AM