Required reading for 4th graders in Illinois....
Honestly? I'm still sitting here, REALLY surprised that this is a story, and then I'm even more surprised that people didn't have to do biographies of presidents.

Jesus, I feel like more of my social studies class was reports and biographies from the time I was in 4th grade on.
4th grade was the reagan bio
5th grade, we did "bios" of both bush and dukakis (as much as a 5th grader would), as well as a project related to the election. That was pretty much the entire first 9 weeks of social studies right there.
8th grade was all about clinton, for sure.
High School, I did bios on clinton, Teddy Roosevelt, JFK, Lincoln, Studied in depth the cold war, the politics that led to the cold war standoffs, as well as 10th grade being solely devoted to the last 10 years as a british colony, and first 25 -30 years of being a young nation.

From the sounds of it, you guys had shitty shitty social studies / history teachers.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Required reading for 4th graders in Illinois.... - by shoju - 11-24-2013, 11:37 AM